Physicians, Why Refer The Hearing Solution?
The Hearing Solution is a private practice specializing in hearing loss diagnosis, treatment, and prevention. Owned by Doctors of Audiology, Julia Ahlquist Tanner and Kirsten McWilliams, we offer personalized assistive hearing solutions designed to help patients communicate with greater clarity and confidence.But we do far more than just “sell hearing aids.” As a boutique Audiology practice, we receive the majority of our referrals from physicians and patients. Our professional services include:
- Diagnostic audiometric evaluations, middle ear testing, and otoacoustic emissions
- Comprehensive hearing testing and treatment
- Hearing device selection, fitting, and customization
What Makes Us Different?
Most hearing treatment centers are focused primarily on selling devices.
But at The Hearing Solution, we focus on results – with the ultimate goal of helping our patients hear the world more clearly and easily. As such, we follow a range of best practices that many of our competitors do not, including:
- Comprehensive diagnostic audiometric evaluations and middle ear assessment in calibrated sound-treated hearing booths
- Customized hearing aid assessment testing between multiple manufacturers in a calibrated booth setting to mimic different environments that are the most challenging for each individual patient.
- Staying current on evidence-based research and modern technology/equipment to provide the highest quality of care
- Real-ear probe microphone measurements in all hearing aid fittings and programming for verification.
- Encouraging our patients to “test drive” their hearing devices for at least 2 weeks before committing to any given technology
- Providing ongoing auditory training and rehabilitation services – both in group workshops and using personalized software
- Objective outcome measures including patient satisfaction questionnaires are assessed on every patient to ensure individual perceived benefit with their hearing devices.
- Tinnitus evaluation and therapy from one of the leading tinnitus experts in Northern California using state of the art equipment and evidence-based practices.
Located at 650 University Ave, Suite 108, The Hearing Solution is wheelchair accessible – with excellent parking options very close by.
We accept most types of insurance – including Medicare with a referral from your office. However, we are not Medi-Cal providers, nor do we participate in any HMO networks.
Below are some area physicians who regularly refer patients to our Sacramento clinic.
- Bayard Chang, MD
- Scott Wigginton, MD
- Andrew Tak, MD
- Sunita Jain, MD
If you also refer a patient to us, we can send you a full diagnostic report within 24 hours of that patient’s appointment.
We look forward to improving the quality of life for your patients through greater hearing clarity and comprehension!
To learn more about our Doctors of Audiology, Tanner and McWilliams, visit our Hearing Specialists page.