Dr. Kirsten McWilliams
Dr. McWilliams is a second-generation audiologist whose mother modeled superior care and dedication to her patients from a young age. With the roles reversed, Kirsten now serves patients who remember her coming to work as an infant with her mom.
After graduating from UC Davis with her Bachelors of Science, she worked with her mother's practice as a Hearing Aid Dispenser which helped her determine that hearing healthcare was her life-long passion. Driven to provide her patients with superior experience and care, she returned to school for her Doctorate in Audiology. After clinical rotations at Stanford and Kaiser, she completed her fellowship at UC Davis Medical Center and obtained her Doctorate in Audiology. She graduated top-of-her class from University of the Pacific, San Francisco and now has over ten years experience in helping those with hearing loss.
Dr. McWilliams specializes in tinnitus management, cochlear implants and the fitting of hearing aids, which she treats as a work of art. As owner of The Hearing Solution, she has combined the gold standard of care with state-of-the-art technology to ensure optimal hearing for her patients. With focus on helping her patients perform at the best of their ability, Dr. McWilliams prides herself on a customized experience without bias towards certain manufactures, and performs a rigorous device selection process. She is excited to apply her best practice approaches to help you hear your best.
AS SEEN ON
Recently, Elizabeth was interviewed in an ABC10 news story about the FDA rule-change allowing certain people to purchase over-the-counter hearing aids without a prescription. Click here to watch the interview and read what she had to say.
Hobbies & Passions
- Fairly new to Sacramento, Kirsten has made it her goal to always eat at a new restaurant. She also enjoys gardening, cooking, and visiting the farmer’s market on Sundays.
- She tries to travel internationally at least once a year, choosing a new country every time.
- Kirsten serves on the Board for the CCHAT Center (Children's Choice for Hearing And Talking), a school dedicated to helping children with hearing loss prepare for mainstream Kindergarten. She believes every child deserves the opportunity to have access to hearing and learning spoken language.
- She has a few patients who remember her coming into the office as an infant with her mother.
- Kirsten has constant tinnitus which she jokingly blames on her professor after 32 weeks of intense tinnitus coursework in grad school.
- She is the proud owner of two very vocal kitties named Lulu and Bug.