Dr. Kirsten McWilliams
Dr. McWilliams is a second-generation audiologist whose mother modeled superior care and dedication to her patients from a young age. With the roles reversed, Kirsten is now serving patients who remember her coming to work as an infant with her mom.
After graduating from UC Davis with her Bachelors of Science, she worked with her mother's practice as a Hearing Aid Dispenser which helped her to realize that hearing healthcare was her life-long passion. Driven to provide her patients with superior experience and care, she returned to school for her Doctorate in Audiology. After clinical rotations at Stanford and Kaiser, she completed her fellowship at UC Davis Medical Center and obtained her Doctorate in Audiology. She graduated top-of-her class from University of the Pacific, San Francisco and now has over ten years experience in helping those with hearing loss.
Dr. McWilliams specializes in tinnitus management, cochlear implants and the fitting of hearing aids, which she treats as a work of art. As owner of The Hearing Solution, she has combined the gold standard of care with state-of-the-art technology to ensure optimal hearing for her patients. With focus on helping her patients perform at the best of their ability, Dr. McWilliams prides herself on a customized experience without bias towards certain manufactures, and performs a rigorous device selection process. She is excited to apply her best practice approaches to help you hear your best.
Hobbies & Passions
- Fairly new to Sacramento, Kirsten has made it her goal to eat at every restaurant on the grid. She also enjoys gardening, cooking, and visiting the farmer’s market on Sundays.
- She tries to travel internationally at least once a year, choosing a new country every time.
- Kirsten is on the Board of Directors for the California Academy of Audiology. After growing up listening to her mother’s experience with patient and audiology advocacy, she now serves as the association’s Legislative Liaison.
- She has a few patients who remember her coming into the office as an infant with her mother.
- Kirsten has constant tinnitus which she blames on her professor after 32 weeks of intense tinnitus coursework in grad school.
- She is the proud owner of a very vocal kitty named Lulu.