Sacramento HEARING SOLUTIONS
Our Process = Your Success
If you’re like most people and have noticed that hearing is requiring a little bit of effort, you’re probably not thrilled at the prospect of having to purchase hearing devices.
There are so many different choices and opinions on how, where, and which hearing aid to buy. You are not alone, most people that we see are hesitant about hearing aids and confused with the options.
We have seen thousands of people during the 20 or more years that we have been in business. These are the questions we most frequently hear,
- What is an audiologist?
- Should I answer an ad?
- Should I trust a franchise?
- What about online hearing aids, or hearing aids from a big box store?
Below are the most important things to look for when considering purchasing a hearing aid.
Hearing aid technology alone isn’t the problem.
We have found that it is seldom the device that is the source of the problem. Rather, the problem that we see in our practice is from improper fitting of a hearing device. Hearing devices have the technology to have almost one million different combinations of programming, which is done by an audiologist. The education, experience, equipment, and the proper use of it is the most important factor in your success and satisfaction with your hearing devices. Our approach has made thousands of patients raving fans.
We have found three reasons for the dissatisfaction with hearing aids that don’t relate to the device itself. All three of these problems can be solved and they do not involve buying a new hearing aid.
- Improper or poorly fit device
- Lack of validation using probe microphone measurements
We welcome patients from other providers who have been improperly fit with a hearing aid and you are disappointed with the performance. Answer yes or no to any of the following questions about what happened when you were fit with your hearing devices:
- I was tested in background noise with words while wearing my hearing aids.
- Small tubes were inserted in my ears with my hearing aids and I learned all about carrots (these are called probe microphone, real ear measurements).
- I learned and practiced techniques with my communication partner that improved our communication.
- I was tested in a sound booth with inserts in my ears and not headphones.
If you can answer yes to all of these questions, then you have been treated by an audiologist, a Doctor of Audiology, who has followed the gold standards of audiology. If not, chances are that you have been improperly fit.
We believe you can achieve better hearing and you deserve better care.
Come experience the difference at The Hearing Solution— You do not have to have purchased devices from our office in order to benefit from our experience.
Here’s what you can expect on your hearing journey with us:
1. Evaluation of the Hearing System
First, a Doctor of Audiology will sit down with you (and your Frequent Communication Partner if applicable) and listen to understand the conversations, people, environments, and challenges where hearing has become difficult.
The evaluation will include tests that will study each area of your hearing system. This is more than a hearing test (which only tests one area of hearing). Instead, we’ll be testing the outer ear, middle ear, inner ear and how your brain is processing this input.
2. Device Performance Assessment and Personalized Plan
Based on the above tests, the next step is our functional hearing evaluation. This is an opportunity for you to hear the improvement in your ability to hear in background noise with hearing aids. You will be able to wear at least three different hearing aids, all from different manufacturers for comparison.
After selecting your devices, the next steps are:
- Fitting of devices and Real Ear Probe Microphone Measurements to verify the hearing aids are programmed appropriately.
- Instruction and education on how to use and care for your devices and how to use the Bluetooth features. You will have access to our technology experts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
3. TEST DRIVE
You will take your hearing devices home and try them first in your own environment.
4. Real World Analysis and Connectivity Training
(This can even be can be done remotely with some devices)
Your Audiologist will analyze the device data to make sure brain training is occuring correctly. Our Audiology Assistant will sync your hearing devices to any smartphones or accessories and provide connectivity training.
Over the next two weeks, your devices will take sound samples of the noises and environments specific to YOUR life.
5. Progress Checks
During the next few weeks, we will work together to optimize your devices as your brain is changing. Hearing will once again become effortless.
We will also add technology for the television, your telephone, and possibly mini microphones and devices to further enhance your experience.
6. Fitting and Purchase of Your Devices
The purchase comes after you have mastered the use of your devices and are hearing with ease.
7. Hearing Training, Classes and Graduation
After 3 months, you will be ready to graduate from our program. After graduating, you will return every six months for device performance checks, hearing tests, and cleaning. We will also be re-tuning and programming your devices to meet your hearing and lifestyle needs over time.
At this point in your hearing journey, we start you on one of our auditory training programs. The goal is to improve the skills that have been weakened with hearing loss that a hearing aid can’t fix. The programs can be done in a group setting or on your computer in the comfort of your home.
8. Hearing Solution Optimization Appointment
(every 6 months after graduation)
- This includes device service check, deep cleaning, fine-tuning, and adjustments.
- Otoscopy and ear exam with wax removal as needed.
- Annual Hearing Test
To learn more about our unique approach to hearing success, schedule an appointment with us today by calling (916) 646-2471.