Julia Ahlquist Tanner
With an MS from CSU-Sacramento (1994) and a Doctorate from Salus University (2010), Julia brings more than 20 years of academic and professional experience in audiology.
In addition, Julia is a member of: The American Academy of Audiology, The Academy of Doctors of Audiology, and The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
In her spare time, Julia volunteers as a board member for the CCHAT Center – a school dedicated to teaching children with hearing disabilities how to listen and develop spoken language.
THE HEARING SOLUTION Mission
In 2001, Julia officially launched The Hearing Solution to address some of the limitations in the wider field of audiology. Most practitioners treat their patients with basic screening – followed by a hurried hearing aid selection.
Frustrated by the poor results this strategy produced, Julia pioneered a radically new approach to hearing loss diagnosis and treatment – one built around real-world testing and personalized care.
What sets The Hearing Solution apart from other audiological treatments is our unique blend of:
- In-Depth Consultations – All of our treatments begin with detailed consultations – not just with our patients, but also with their frequent communication partners.
- Audiometric Evaluations – We thoroughly screen patients to help pinpoint the exact cause of their hearing loss and the most appropriate treatment solutions.
- Real-World Testing – It’s not enough to simply hear sounds. Our goal is to ensure patients can clearly understand what is being said in noisy, real-world environments.
- Advanced Technology – We offer a wide range of customizable hearing aids from leading manufacturers. Our patients can then “test drive” their devices in the real world.
- Speech Mapping – We conduct speech mapping and pitch registry to ensure that patients can properly process sounds – even in noisy, ambient environments.
- Auditory Training – Even mild hearing loss can change the structure of the brain. But with training, it’s possible to strengthen neural pathways and improve sound processing.
However, our comprehensive services extend well beyond diagnoses and treatment.
ONGOING CARE AND SUPPORT FROM THE HEARING SOLUTION COMMUNITY
The Hearing Solution is a vibrant, dynamic community. From the moment you walk into our Sacramento office, you’ll receive a warm and friendly reception from our world-class staff.
During your visit, you’ll also have an opportunity to meet my assistant and resident tech genius, Sarah. An expert at hearing aid cleaning, fitting, and customization, Sarah can troubleshoot any device issues you may be having. She can also help you extend the functionality of your hearing aids by connecting them to smart phones, televisions, and other Bluetooth-enabled devices.
This highly personalized attention stems from our shared philosophy that hearing is the single most important human sense. It is the common bond that allows us to communicate, understand, and empathize.
HEAR THE WORLD – LIKE YOU NEVER HAVE BEFORE
Want to join our community and hear the world in a whole new light?
There are a number of ways to get involved, including:
- Participate in our monthly Hearing Strategies workshop.
- Stopping by for one of our regular tech groups.
- Attending our monthly luncheon seminars.
If you’d like to learn more about our unique approach to hearing loss diagnosis and treatment, schedule a consultation with our team today.