DOCTOR OF AUDIOLOGY
Dr. Kirsten McWilliams
After clinical rotations at Stanford and Kaiser, she completed her fellowship at UC Davis Medical Center and obtained her Doctorate in Audiology. She graduated top-of-her class from University of the Pacific, San Francisco and has over ten years experience in helping those with hearing loss.READ MORE
Dr. Elizabeth Barragan
Dr. Barragan is a Sacramento Valley native; she attended Sacramento State University and earned her bachelor's degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology. She then received her Doctorate of Audiology from the University of the Pacific, San Francisco.READ MORE
PATIENT CARE TEAM
A born hostess and the most nurturing member of our team, Denise uses her background in hospitality to make every patient feel welcome and at ease.READ MORE
Sandy recently joined our team since moving to Folsom this past summer. She has over 17 years of experience working in a private hearing clinic. Her favorite thing about being an assistant is working with the patients and helping them.READ MORE
Born and raised in rural Alturas California, Tanner brings that small town hospitality to The Hearing Solution. He started working for Kirsten’s mom as a patient care coordinator in 2018 in Redding, CA. Wanting to further his knowledge and grow his career, he moved to Sacramento in 2021.READ MORE
THE HEARING SOLUTION Mission
In 2001, The Hearing Solution opened to address some of the limitations in the wider field of audiology. Most practitioners treat their patients with basic screening – followed by a hurried hearing aid selection.
Frustrated by the poor results this strategy produced, we took a radically new approach to hearing loss diagnosis and treatment – one built around real-world testing and personalized care.
What sets The Hearing Solution apart from other audiological treatments is our unique blend of:
- In-Depth Consultations – All of our treatments begin with detailed consultations – not just with our patients, but also with their frequent communication partners.
- Audiometric Evaluations – We thoroughly screen patients to help pinpoint the exact cause of their hearing loss and the most appropriate treatment solutions.
- Real-World Testing – It’s not enough to simply hear sounds. Our goal is to ensure patients can clearly understand what is being said in noisy, real-world environments.
- Advanced Technology – We offer a wide range of customizable hearing aids from leading manufacturers. Our patients can then “test drive” their devices in the real world.
- Speech Mapping – We conduct speech mapping and pitch registry to ensure that patients can properly process sounds – even in noisy, ambient environments.
- Auditory Training – Even mild hearing loss can change the structure of the brain. But with training, it’s possible to strengthen neural pathways and improve sound processing.
However, our comprehensive services extend well beyond diagnoses and treatment.
ONGOING CARE AND SUPPORT FROM THE HEARING SOLUTION COMMUNITY
The Hearing Solution is a vibrant, dynamic community. From the moment you walk into our Sacramento office, you’ll receive a warm and friendly reception from our world-class staff.
This highly personalized attention stems from our shared philosophy that hearing is the single most important human sense. It is the common bond that allows us to communicate, understand, and empathize.
HEAR THE WORLD – LIKE YOU NEVER HAVE BEFORE
Want to join our community and hear the world in a whole new light?
There are a number of ways to get involved, including:
- Participate in our monthly Hearing Strategies workshop.
- Stopping by for one of our regular tech groups.
- Attending our monthly luncheon seminars.
If you’d like to learn more about our unique approach to hearing loss diagnosis and treatment, schedule a consultation with our team today.