Dr. Elizabeth Barragan
Dr. Barragan is a Sacramento Valley native; she attended Sacramento State University and earned her bachelor's degree in Speech Pathology and Audiology. She then received her Doctorate of Audiology from University of the Pacific, San Francisco.
Elizabeth may look like a familiar face to some of the patients as she began as a student intern at The Hearing Solution in 2016. She conducted the aural rehabilitation program in 2016 and will continue to do so through Amptify.
In addition, Dr. Barragan has extensive experience with hearing aids, vestibular evaluations, tinnitus management, and pediatrics.
Audiology hits home with Elizabeth as she has a family member in El Salvador that was born with profound hearing loss and unfortunately, never received medical care for his hearing loss.
Dr. Barragan wholeheartedly believes in making a difference in the lives of others and improving her patient’s quality of life with better hearing and communication. She is very excited to return to The Hearing Solution and to meet you all!
AS SEEN ON
Recently, Elizabeth was interviewed in an ABC10 news story about the FDA rule-change allowing certain people to purchase over-the-counter hearing aids without a prescription. Click here to watch the interview and read what she had to say.
Hobbies & Passions
- Elizabeth enjoys making flower bouquets, and you may see them around the office!
- She began teaching the incoming Doctor of Audiology class at Sacramento State University in Fall 2021.
- One of Elizabeth’s goals is to travel to third world countries every year to provide audiology care to those in need.
- Elizabeth loves to travel to different beaches.
- She has a dog named Lucy who is a yorkie/ chihuahua mix.
- Elizabeth is bilingual and biliterate in Spanish.